Are you having a hard time finding back pain treatment in Vancouver?
Even when the pain is in the lower back, the problem tends to involve the entire spine. Chiropractors help align a patients spine; increasing one’s range of motion, and decreasing inflammation.
Between chiropractic appointments, do these simple stretches to gain the most benefit from chiropractic care. While performing these stretches, make sure to move into the stretch slowly and avoid bouncing which can tear muscles.
Cat-Cow Stretch back pain benefits
- Stretches the back, torso and neck
- Brings flexibility to the spine
- Opens the chest encouraging slow and deep breathing
How to perform the Cat & Cow Pose stretches?
- Start on your hands and knees with your wrists under your shoulders and knees under your hips (Tabletop Position)
- Point your fingers toward the top of the mat and place your knees hip width apart
1) Exhale as you draw your belly to your spine
2) Round you back toward the ceiling
3) Slowly drop your head and look down towards the floor
1) Inhale as you drop your belly towards the mat
2) Lift your chin and chest and gaze up toward the ceiling
3) Draw your shoulders away from your ears
4) Exhale coming to the starting “tabletop” position
5) Repeat 10 times
1) Stretches the lower back, thighs, knees and ankles torso and neck
2) Relaxes the spine, neck and shoulders
3) Increases blood circulation the head reducing headaches
How to perform the Child’s Pose stretch?
1) Kneel on the floor, bring your big toes together and sit on your heels
– Make sure your knees are hip width apart
2) Exhale and lower your buttocks towards your heels
– This lengthens your tailbone from the back of your pelvis
3) As you bring your torso over your thighs, lengthen the back of your neck before your forehead rests on the floor
4) Bring your arms by your thighs with your palms facing up
5) Hold for at least 30 seconds
6) To come up, inhale and lengthen your torso and lift from your tailbone