ICBC Physiotherapy Vancouver
ICBC Physiotherapy Treatments (including Vestibular Therapy)
Laurence Chin, Estela Farias, Reza Nematollahi, Nathan Pang, and Andrew Moussavi are registered ICBC Physiotherapists. Many of our physiotherapists also conduct Active Rehab treatments, which are more movement and exercise-based, and happen after a general course of physiotherapy. For Active Rehab and Vestibular therapy, contact us before you book at 604-876-9977 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anyone qualifies with an active ICBC claim number
- ICBC covers all but $5 of the cost of each physiotherapy treatment, up to 25 visits.
- No medical referral is required
- The East Vancouver ICBC physiotherapists will determine the amount of care necessary to return you to your pre-accident state or when you have reached a level of maximal medical recovery
If you have recently experienced physical repercussions from a motor vehicle accident (MVA), you may be able to benefit from ICBC physiotherapy paid for by the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia and provided by your local, trusted ICBC physiotherapist. Learn more about how Backs in Action can help you get the care you need at this critical time in your life.
You can find us across from the Renfrew Skytrain Station in the Broadway Tech Centre, and we proudly serve the following localities:
- Integrated Health Clinic Hastings-Sunrise
- Integrated Health Clinic Burnaby
- Integrated Health Clinic Vancouver
- Integrated Health Clinic Renfrew Heights
- Integrated Health Clinic Collingwood
- Integrated Health Clinic North Burnaby
ICBC Physio for Post-MVA Care
The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia is a for-profit insurance company that helps licensed drivers in the province get the care they need for recovery following automobile accidents. In addition, the insurance can also cover a portion of your lost wages and provide you with additional benefits as you recover at home.
One of the best treatment options following an automobile accident is ICBC physiotherapy. Physiotherapy can relieve symptoms of whiplash as well as headaches, neck pain and back pain. This can help you move on with your life, relieve discomfort that is negatively affecting your quality of life and get back to your normal routines as quickly as possible.
Soothing Relief from an ICBC Physiotherapist
Your physiotherapist will create an individualized treatment plan to address the injuries and complaints that you have. Physiotherapists have plenty of treatment and educational options at their fingertips and can adjust treatment plans based on how you are progressing. Some of the most common options include the following:
- Manual therapy
- Hot and cold therapy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Strengthening exercises
- At-home exercises
- Education on posture
These treatments are designed to support your body’s natural recovery process. They can help to eliminate long-term or recurrent pain and can give you an arsenal of exercises and stretches that you can do at home to combat mild discomfort that may arise in the future. In some cases, physiotherapy can even help you avoid more aggressive treatments, such as pain-relieving medications and surgery.
How to Get an ICBC Physiotherapy Treatment Plan
For a very small user fee, you can get up to 25 physiotherapy sessions paid for by ICBC. For many people, this may be sufficient care to eliminate pain and any future problems. You do not have to wait for ICBC to approve your claim, nor do you have to be referred for physiotherapy by your physician. Instead, as soon as you turn in your claim, you can schedule your first ICBC physiotherapy appointment. ICBC care is primarily reserved for those who had an MVA within the past three months although you may be able to get benefits beyond this time.
You may also seek care from other specialists on our highly skilled team of multidisciplinary healthcare professionals:
- ICBC Kinesiologist
- ICBC Massage Therapist
- ICBC Physiotherapist
- ICBC Acupuncturist
- Orthotics Specialist
- Active Rehab Specialist
- Ergonomics Specialist
- ICBC Counselling
- ICBC Chiropractic
- ICBC Active Rehab
Backs in Action Rehab and Wellness Centre is a multidisciplinary clinic that has an integrated approach to wellness. We even offer specialized services like Active Release Technique (ART), electroacupuncture, cupping, facial acupuncture, intramuscular stimulation (IMS), dry needling, compression hosiery, vestibular rehabilitation therapy, telehealth, and more!
What Makes Backs in Action Your Best Choice for ICBC Physiotherapy?
Backs in Action is an excellent choice for your recovery because we offer physiotherapy along with chiropractic care, massage, kinesiology and counselling. We serve all of East Vancouver, giving you easy access to the comforting care you need. Our mission is to help you achieve the best possible quality of life both physically as well as mentally.
Contact Backs in Action today to learn more about our physiotherapy care or to schedule your first appointment.
What sets Backs in Action apart from other clinics?
There are many reasons that Backs in Action stands out. Here are just a few:
- We care about your recovery and your goals and work in tandem with you to reach them
- We have a multidisciplinary team that works collaboratively to ensure you’re getting the best possible care
- We offer physiotherapy, chiropractic care, active rehab and kinesiology, massage, acupuncture and counselling all in one place
- We offer one-on-one care ensuring you’re spending your time in treatment face-to-face with a practitioner who listens to your concerns, works with you to achieve your goals together and maximizes healing and recovery time.
- We use evidence-based research to ensure the best possible outcomes for your recovery and getting you better as quickly as possible so you can return back to your activities of daily living sooner
- We are a multi-award winning clinic including accolades from the Best of Vancouver 2020 and 2021
- We try and eliminate any barriers to care by offering:
- Convenient hours and appointments, including early morning, evening and weekend appointments
- Male and Female practitioners
- Direct Billing to your extended health insurance
- Friendly, helpful and professional staff to assist you with any concerns and to assist you booking multiple appointments
- 24/7 booking through our online booking portal
- Therapists speaking multiple languages including Cantonese, Mandarin, French, Farsi, and Korean
- Free short-term parking directly in front of the clinic and free longer-term street parking
- We have a Google Rating of 4.8 with more than 150 reviews. We also have 5-star ratings on Yelp and Facebook
- We’re conveniently located:
- Across Renfrew Skytrain Station (one station from Commercial Broadway Station)
- On the ground level with wheelchair access
- Along the Bike path with bike stands outside the clinic