Suggestions to follow after a Chiropractic Adjustment
- Apply ice for 10 minutes on any sore/acutely inflamed areas
- Drink plenty of water (8 glasses daily)
- Muscles and joints need hydration
- Avoid “rubbing, or poking” in the chiropractic adjustment areas that Dr. Jiwa treats.
- Avoid sudden quick movements, such as twists or turns beyond your normal limit of motion, especially those involving your neck
- Avoid extreme bending of your spine in any direction such as stretching, reaching or other overhead work
- When lifting; keep your back straight, bend your knees, hold the lifted object as close to your body as possible and let your legs bear the strain
- This technique minimizes the amount of strain put on your back when lifting
- When bathing; sit rather than laying in the tub
- If you are tired and want to relax, it is better to lie in your bed
- Perform simple exercises to stretch your body that Dr. Jiwa recommends
- Avoid jarring activities or exercises which place stress on your neck and spine
- Don’t sit /stand for too long
- Take mini breaks throughout the day
- Practice deep breathing while performing exercises and stretches
- This maximizes the effectiveness of the stretch and helps to reduce stress
- Watch your posture at all times; stand tall, sleep tall and think tall!
- Imagine/visualize that your head is attached to a balloon which is gently tugging on your head to assist in standing/sitting straighter and taller
For more on chiropractic care from our Vancouver chiropractors, follow our Vancouver chiropractor’s blog posts here.