Vancouver Chiropractic and Low Back Pain Treatments
If you are tired of taking drugs and other medications for your low back pain, look no further and try Chiropractic! Let’s get you moving, and back into action faster!
Low Back Pain Treatments Vancouver
- Experienced by 80% of the Canadian population at any given time, whether it is due to a muscle strain, herniated disc, osteoarthritis, scoliosis or other issues. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3161177)
- It is one of the most costly causes of illness and disability in Canada due to the fact that it is the leading cause of visits made to health care providers and of time lost from the workplace.
- Low back pain can last a few days or weeks, but if left untreated it can become chronic back pain and cause tingling or numbness in your legs and feet.
Ways to Treat Low Back Pain – Vancouver
- Chiropractic: Chiropractors safely and effectively treat lower back pain, primarily through manipulation of the spine thus reducing or eliminating the need for pain medication and invasive surgeries.
- Chiropractic Treatment increases one’s range of motion thus restoring motion and mobility, increasing joint mobility, decreasing inflammation, and decreasing nerve interference.
- The Manga report recommends Chiropractic manipulation for early care of lower back pain.
- For those with chronic low back pain, the long term benefits of chiropractic care are enhanced by obtaining regular maintenance spinal manipulation after initial intensive manipulative therapy. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21245790)
- Noninvasive Chiropractic Therapies: Chiropractors supplement spinal manipulation with other noninvasive therapies including but not limited to:
- Home exercises and stretches
- Advice on posture and stress inducing activities
- Massage Therapy: RMT’s treat back pain by helping patients increase blood flow, decrease tension, and increase range of motion. Read this study for more on the benefits of massage therapy for back pain.
There is no reason you should have to live with lower back pain, come in to Backs in Action for a chiropractic assessment today!