Vancouver Sports Massage: Stretching for Golf Back Pain, Part II
As summer approaches the golf season is in full swing! To make sure your muscles are limber and ready for your golf game, here are some simple stretches from our East Vancouver Massage Therapist at Backs in Action!
These stretches may help promote a fluid golf swing, prevent lower back pain from playing golf, and may even improve your performance.
As part of our Sports Massage for Golf series, you may also want to read Stretches for Golf Back Pain Part I.
Latissimus Dorsi Stretch
You should feel this stretch in your Lats (Latissimus Dorsi)
1. Stand in front of a wall
2. Place your feet shoulder width apart
3. Place your hands on the wall above your head
– Your hands should be flat against the wall- Your hand should not be overlapping
– There should be a triangle shape between your pointer fingers and thumbs
4. Bring your torso down towards the ground
– There should be a straight line from your fingers to your hips
5. Hold for 30-45 seconds and repeat 2 times per day
You should feel this stretch in your spinal muscles.
1. Sit on a bench or golf cart
2. Pull your knees together
– Make sure your feet are flat and pointing forward
3. Reach across the front of your body with your right arm and grab the back of the bench/cart
4. Hold for 15 seconds
5. Repeat 2 times on each side
Make sure when you’re performing these golf stretches that you keep it gentle and don’t bounce in the stretch.
Once again, please feel free to head over to \”Stretches for Golf Back Pain Part I\” for additional golf stretches like these!
For personalized sports Massage Therapy in East Vancouver, or to book a relaxing Massage with our East Vancouver Massage Therapist, call 604-876-9977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Backs in Action Wellness Centre is located just steps away from the Commercial Broadway Skytrain Station; making us easily accessible from Burnaby and Downtown Vancouver by skytrain.
Here’s to another great golf season!