Understanding Bunion Causes & Treatment with Orthotics
Bunions are enlargements of the bone/tissue surrounding the base of the big toe. However smaller bunions can also develop on the joints of your other toes. They are also known as Hallux Valgus Deformities.
Causes of Bunions?
- Overpronation: foot rolls inward as you walk
- Flat feet
- Tight Shoes: High Heels
- Repetitive Activity (ie: running)
- Puts stress on your joints
Symptoms of Bunions?
- Big toe turns toward the second toe
- Pain in your big toe
- Irritated red skin over the bunion
- Swelling and tenderness at the base of the big toe
Treatment for Hallux Valgus/Bunions?
- Custom Foot Orthotics
- Try lower impact exercises (ie: swimming, cycling)
Where to Get Custom Foot Orthotics East Vancouver
To book a COMPLIMENTARY “Orthotic Assessment and GaitScan Analysis” with our East Vancouver Chiropractor Dr. Farrah Jiwa, call 604-876-9977 or email email@example.com today! We are located steps from the Commercial Broadway Skytrain, and are easily accessible from Burnaby and Downtown Vancouver.
2917 Hebb Avenue Vancouver BC
Health Link BC: http://www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthtopics/content.asp?hwid=hw35195