Garlic and Cinnamon Tea
This is a wonderful tea to sip if you are feeling under the weather.
Garlic is a great anti-microbial to help you fight off infection, cinnamon will help to soothe your throat and cayenne will help with chest congestion and get the circulation going. A squeeze of lemon adds some vitamin C and honey also soothes the throat and acts as an anti-microbial as well.
Hunker down, get some rest and enjoy!
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1-2 tsp of unpasteurized honey
- 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
- ¼ – ½ tsp of ground cinnamon
- A pinch (i.e. 1/16th – 1/8th of a tsp) of cayenne pepper
- A squeeze of fresh lemon or lime
Large amounts of garlic and cinnamon may not be safe for use in pregnancy and lactation. Consult with a licensed healthcare practitioner if you have any questions or concerns.