Pes Planus (Flat Foot)
Pes Planus, also known as ‘flat foot’ is when the arch of your foot, which runs lengthwise along the sole of the foot, is lowered or has flattened out. When standing you cannot put your fingers underneath the arch of your foot.
Causes of Pes Planus?
- Joint Disorder (ie: Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Repetitive Activities: Excessive standing, walking, running, or jumping
- Puts stress on your joints
Symptoms of Pes Planus?
- “Burning” sensation, arch pain
- Sharp pain, numbness or tingling in the toes
- Shooting pain in the balls of the feet
- Bruising on the balls of the feet
- If untreated, can lead to plantar fasciitis
Orthotic Treatment for Flat Foot?
- Custom Foot Orthotics for Flat Foot
- Balance the foot in a neutral position
- Cushion the foot from excessive pounding as orthotics provide shock absorption
Backs in Action Injury Treatment Clinic in East Vancouver
For a COMPLIMENTARY Custom Foot Orthotics and GaitScan Analysis with our East Vancouver Chiropractor Dr. Farrah Jiwa, call 604-876-9977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today! We are conveniently located steps from the Commercial Broadway Skytrain, which is only 30 minutes from Burnaby!
2917 Hebb Avenue Vancouver BC