CHRISTMAS IS COMING…
Keep checking for weekly installments to my holiday recipes always with a child friendly option too! This week I am looking at appetizers for the holiday season….
Christmas Shaped Veggies Chips and Rice Flour Tortilla Chips
This first recipe can be adapted in whatever way you want depending on the veggies the children enjoy, the shapes that you have available. The kid’s will have fun as well making the veggie shapes!
- Sweet potato/eggplant/red peppers/beets
- Packaged of rice flour wraps
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. Peel the veggies that you are using.
2. Cut into thin slices (if using beets/sweet potato/carrots)
3. Select the Christmas cutters you are using and press into the veggies or rice flour wraps.
4. Put them all in a bowl and toss with the melted coconut oil and sea salt (**note that bell peppers do not need to be tossed in the oil and salt as they won’t be baked)
5. Spread out onto a cookie sheet and bake for approximately 25 minutes until crispy.
6. Remove from the oven, allow to cool serve with you favourite hummus, guacamole or salsa.
Cherry Tomatoes, Basil and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- Balsamic Reduction – you can make your own or buy a bottle in all good grocery stores
1. Select your basil leaves and tomatoes.
2. Wrap the basil around the tomatoes, secure with a cocktail stick.
3. Arrange on a plate and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
Optional extra: You can also add bocconcini cheese to the tomato and basil too.
Like and Share us on Facebook to be entered in a draw to win some amazing prizes! Also bring in a toy for our 1st Annual Holiday Toy Drive benefiting children at BC Childrens Hospital and receive $5 off of your treatment.