Stretches for Iliotibial Band Syndrome (ITB Syndrome)
There are a lot of things one can do to decrease the symptoms of ITB Syndrome like massage therapy for ITB Syndrome, chiropractic sports, and naturopathic sports therapy treatments.
Here we will look at some exercises and stretches you can do to help treat symptoms of ITB Syndrome, without stepping foot out of your home.
IT Band Stretch
• Lay down on your left side
• Bend your right knee by pulling your foot up with your hand to your buttock
o You should start feeling tension building up in your quads
• Bend your left knee and put your foot on top of your right knee
• Push down gently towards the ground with your left foot
• Hold for 30-60 seconds and repeat on the other side
Applying heat after the stretch increases blood circulation to the muscle and decreases tension in the fascia.
These ITB Syndrome stretches were recommended by our East Vancouver Massage Therapist. Related stretches include Stretches for Shin Splints.
Call Backs in Action Wellness Centre at 604-876-9977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org today to book an appointment with our East Vancouver RMT Clinic! We are conveniently located steps from the Commercial Broadway Skytrain, only 10 minutes from Burnaby!