10 Questions To Ask Before Seeing A Counselor
Not sure if you should see a counsellor? Ask yourself these questions to help you make a decision.
- Have I struggled to be myself lately?
- Has day to day life just felt harder?
- Do I have a confidante that I can trust to be impartial?
- Is there a big choice I need to make that I have been struggling with?
- Is my worry increasing, and are my thoughts less logical?
- Have I lost interest in things I used to love?
- Have friends been avoiding me or saying they are worried about me?
- Am I just not bouncing back from something?
- Do I have a habit that I keep secret from others that causes me ongoing shame?
- Do I spend most of my life feeling worthless compared to others?
Still not sure if you need a therapist?
These questions cover the most common reasons that people come to therapy but there are many other reasons to seek support. What to find out more about Counselling involves?
At Backs in Action, our clinical counsellor, Veera Grewal is available for a complimentary consultation and many extended health plans cover the cost of counselling services. To find out if they are the right fit for you or to set up an appointment, contact the clinic at 604-876-9977 or via email today.