Are you suffering from swollen or tired feet as a result of pregnancy?
If so, Gradient Compression Hosiery Therapy may be the solution for you!
What is Gradient Compression Hosiery Therapy?
Gradient Compression Hosiery is twice as thick as pantyhose and is tight at the ankle and gets looser going up the leg. Gradient Compression Hosiery is available in many styles and shades. Styles include knee-high stockings, thigh-high stockings, trouser socks, and pantyhose stockings.
How does Compression Hosiery help during pregnancy?
Pregnancy, especially in the third trimester, puts chemical and mechanical stresses on a mother’s body causing swelling and poor circulation in the feet and legs.
- Compression Hosiery makes it easier for blood to flow back up toward your heart, reducing the risk of an elevated heart rate for both mother and child.
- Compression Hosiery also helps alleviate symptoms such as swollen feet and ankles, tired or achy legs and associated discomfort.
- Compression Hosiery is also important to prevent varicose veins and their side effects.
Come in to Backs in Action Wellness Centre in East Vancouver and meet Dr. Farrah Jiwa for evaluation and see if Compression Hosiery can help you. All or part of the cost of Compression Hosiery may be covered by your extended health plan. Call us at 604-876-9977 or email us at email@example.com to check your coverage and book an appointment.
People who can benefit from wearing gradient compression hosiery include anyone who experiences any of the following conditions:
- Varicose veins
- Chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)
- Expectant Mothers
- Swollen feet, ankles, or legs
- Frequent flying
- Standing or sitting for long hours
- Family history of Venous Leg Disorders