Out of Province Insurance Claims – Car Accidents, Your Health and Wellbeing
- British Columbians in an out-of-province car crash — drivers, passengers and pedestrians — regardless of fault, have access to care
- Canadian residents, regardless of the province you live in, who get into an accident in BC have access to care
- Get immediate care after reporting your accident to Physiotherapy, Chiropractic Care, Acupuncture, Active Rehab, Counselling and Massage without the need for a doctor\’s note
- Seeking Care from multiple services soon after your accident increases your chance of a speedy recovery
In addition to ICBC claims, we are also specialists in out-of-province car accident and injury claims. Don’t lose access to care simply because you are a resident of another province and got into a car accident in British Columbia or are a BC resident who was involved in an accident in another province.
Do I get health care coverage if I’ve been in a car accident outside of my province?
We see cases like yours all the time and are more than happy to facilitate the care you need. The amount of care and number of sessions may depend on your individual circumstances and the jurisdiction of the accident. However, in most cases, regardless of who is at fault, everyone involved in a car accident – driver, passenger, pedestrian – will have access to healthcare.
We have experience working with all sorts of cases and have seen patients in every circumstance. We are familiar with the various protocols, forms, and will happily liaise with your insurance company, limiting your stress and anxiety so you can focus on getting better.
Please give us a call so we can begin the process and get your care going as quickly as possible. Although provincial rules vary, most out-of-province insurance claims allow you access to the following services:
- Chiropractic Care
- Kinesiology and Active Rehab
- Massage Therapy
Do I need a Dr’s Note?
The short answer is no. You don’t need a doctor’s note to initiate the care you need or require if you do so within 12 weeks after the accident date. Once you have reported your claim, you will have a claim number. Once you share that information with us, along with the name and contact details of your insurance company, you can get started!
Do you handle out-of-province claims for all provinces?
Yes. Whether you live in or are visiting any of the beautiful provinces or territories that make up our country, we can handle your claim and let you know what your coverage looks like. Provinces and Territories include:
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Prince Edward Island (PEI)
- Yukon Territory
- Northwest Territories
Fill out this 30-second form and one of our team members will get in touch with you
Why choose Backs in Action for your out-of-province insurance claim?
At our East Vancouver multidisciplinary clinic, we have a team of experts and can provide access to any of these services. Many of our patients are able to gain access to multiple types of care to ensure maximal recovery, often to their pre-accident state or better. We can serve you by:
- Communicating with your insurer or claims specialist and advocating on your behalf to make sure you’re getting the care you need.
- Billing directly to most out-of-province insurance companies so you’re not out of pocket for your treatments
- Remaining open six days a week with early morning, daytime and evening appointments available to suit your schedule
- Offering a multi-award winning 5-star clinic experience with over 150 Google Reviews
- Offering a multidisciplinary team, collaborating to get you better as quickly as possible, all under a single roof so you have access to physiotherapy, chiropractic care, kinesiology and active rehab, acupuncture, massage therapy and counselling services in one place
- Retaining over 20 therapists on our team, each who is patient-centred and will work on a customized individual program to ensure you are getting the best possible care
- Providing an easy online booking portal available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Offering in-person and telehealth appointments