Using Biofreeze in Chiropractic and Massage Therapy
At Backs in Action one of the tools we provide our patients to enhance the effects of Chiropractic and Massage Therapy is Biofreeze!
What is Biofreeze?
- Topical analgesic pain relieving gel
o Greaseless, Colorless and Stainless
o It is 100% Paraben free
o No lingering odor
- Helps relieve sore muscles, back pain, arthritis pain, shoulder and neck pain and painful joints.
- Can be used to complement Massage Therapy and Chiropractic and relieve pain associated with automobile and work related accidents and sports injuries.
Ingredients in Biofreeze?
o Effective in reducing bruising, swelling, and edema. 1
o Anti- inflammatory and pain reliever
o Cooling Properties
How does it work?
- Biofreeze works through a counter irritant mechanism
o The menthol in Biofreeze creates a cold sensation that overrides pain signals to the brain
o This provides temporary pain relief lasting several hours.
- Unlike icing, Biofreeze allows you to remain active while relieving pain
- Check out this video for more information
Our patients like to take a bottle of the Roll- On Gel home to help them manage pain and discomfort as well as in between Massage or Chiropractic treatments to help speed up the body’s natural healing process. The benefit of a roll on is that it provides hands free application and can be used to massage painful muscles and stimulate trigger points in the affected area. Come into Backs in Action today to find out if Biofreeze is right for you!
2917 Hebb Avenue, Vancouver BC