Bananas, despite having only about 110 calories per banana on average, are sweet and rich in potassium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese.
Benefits of bananas:
- Help you overcome depression by improving your mood
- lower your blood pressure
- Help to prevent heart disease.
- Provide an energy boost for your workout
- Decrease muscle cramps after a workout
- Eating 3 or more bananas a day can lower your risk of age related loss of vision in older adults by 36%.
- According to Archives of Ophthalmology
So all in all bananas are wonderful; you can enjoy them raw, make delicious smoothes or even make your favorite banana-chocolate chip muffins. Everybody, go bananas!
For more on on the benefits of Bananas, contact us and ask to speak to any of the health specialists at our Multidisciplinary Vancouver Wellness Centre: Backs in Action in Vancouver BC!