ND’s Areas of focus
- Digestive disorders
- Dietary and digestive challenges (from gas and bloating to IBD)
- Stress and fatigue, (adrenal fatigue, thyroid conditions, anxiety, poor sleep, Chronic fatigue syndrome, )
- Allergies and food sensitivities
- Healing from Injury or surgeries
- Weight challenges (metabolic syndrome, Diabetes)
- Healthy aging (preventing cardiovascular disease, memory loss and inactivity)
Why Seek the Care of an Naturopathic Doctors (ND)?
- You have a chronic condition and need support and guidance as to how to feel your best. – Naturopathic medicine excels in treating chronic conditions as the focus is on optimizing the functioning of your body.
- You need help navigating the world of alternative healthcare and health claims and would like an expert opinion. – Naturopathic doctors are trained in a wide range of alternative therapy techniques such as botanical medicine, nutrition and supplementation, hydrotherapy, acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, various manual therapies and homeopathy.
- You have been told that you have a clean bill of health but still don’t feel well. – Although laboratory diagnostics and imaging are very important, they don’t always tell the whole story. Backs in Action Naturopathic Doctors spend the time to review all aspects of your life to determine how you can bring yourself back into balance.
- You are somewhere between a diagnosis and a treatment and you want to know what YOU can safely do for your health in the meantime. – Often, there is a waiting period between receiving a diagnosis and when you can begin treatment and this time is a crucial window to make healthy changes and take an active role in your health.
- You are already pretty healthy but want to make sure you are on the right track and/or you want to optimize your health, increase your energy and mental clarity. – Naturopathic doctors don’t just look at eliminating disease, they focus on adding health.
- You are going through a difficult time in your life and need extra support. – Naturopathic medicine does not see a split between the health of the mind and the health of the body. Mental and emotional health are fundamental aspects of your overall wellbeing and functioning. Your outlook and how you cope are as important as exercise and a healthy diet.