What to Expect Custom Orthotics
- Bring your shoes that you wear most often and want the inserts to fit into.
- You will be asked to walk back and forth over a computerized plate, providing a dynamic, ‘big picture’ of your feet in motion to aid Dr. Jiwa in her assessment.
- Dr. Jiwa will examine how you walk, look at how you stand and physically examine your feet.
- Dr. Jiwa will discuss with you
- Key areas of pain from the lower limb down
- Your needs in terms of activity level
- Your shoe preference
- All of these factors influence the type of orthotics needed, as they are customized for each and every patient.
- Dr. Jiwa will determine if there is a need for orthotics, and if so a 3D foam cast will be taken of the foot.
Choose your Orthotic insert
- Through a joint decision, the best type of orthotic insert will be selected.
- Remember! Just like how one wears glasses to correct vision acuity, orthotics work the same way! If you don’t wear them, it won’t work!