Vancouver Chiropractic Techniques
Diversified Technique (DT)
- Diversified Technique is the most common adjustment technique used by Chiropractors. The objective is to restore proper movement and alignment of spine and joint dysfunction.
- During a postural assessment a Vancouver Chiropractor will look for problems at the root of poor posture, spinal curvature, movement and alignment.
- Some postural analyses include changes in stance, alignment of the knees, leveling of the hips or pelvis, height differences across the shoulders, tilting of the head or neck, forward tilting of the pelvis, forward head translation, increase in spinal curvatures and changes to gait.
Network Spinal Analysis (NSA)
- NSA is an evidence based approach to wellness and body awareness in which gentle precise touch to the spine is used to cue the brain to create new wellness promoting strategies.
- Healing waves associated with NSA are spontaneous release of spinal and life tension and the use of existing tension as fuel for spinal reorganization and enhanced wellness.
Activator Methods Chiropractic Technique (AMCT)
- The AMCT involves comparing the leg lengths of the patient. The Chiropractor carries out muscle tests. If the leg lengths change, it is a sign that the problem is located at the vertebra to which the muscle is attached.
- This method is considered a softer Chiropractic technique and used as an alternative to manual manipulation of the spine or joints.
- The activator, a small handheld springloaded instrument, delivers a small impulse to the spine. It produces enough force to move the vertebrae but not enough to cause injury as it gives no more than 0.3J of kinetic energy in a 3 millisecond pulse.
- GaitScan™ is a computer hardware system that uses tiny sensors to record the distribution of pressure under the patient’s foot as he or she walks across the pressure plate. The computer then displays a 2D or 3D visual representation of the pressure underneath the foot.
- This info is put into a report and your Vancouver Chiropractor can determine if the pain is related to abnormal foot function or irregular gait/walking patterns and if you will benefit from wearing custom made orthotics.
- Kinesio-Taping is a rehabilitative technique that provides support and stability to muscles and joints and does so without restricting the body’s range of motion.
- It prolongs the benefits of manual therapy administered by a Clinician by providing extended soft tissue manipulation.
- Kinesio tape which is used in this technique is latex free, able to be worn for many days and safe for all walks of life.